The 2022 School Bus Pass for those students who are deemed eligible by Transport for NSW for free travel will be mailed to the student’s postal address.
Most school bus passes should be received between the 1st of February and the 11th of February 2022.
If the student does not receive their school bus pass by the 11th of February 2022, then please do not hesitate to contact your local Buslines Depot Office.
A grace period is allowed at the start of the school year to enable sufficient time for students to be issued with their school bus pass. The grace period will end on the 26 February 2022. During this time students will be required to show their pass if they have received it, the grace period will allow time for new students to receive their passes and for any issues to be resolved.
To travel free during the grace period school students must be in school uniform or be able to provide evidence (such as a school ID or schoolbooks) they are travelling to or from school.
You will need to submit a new application online with Transport for NSW (TfNSW) if you are:
- applying for a school free travel pass for the first time
- requesting an additional pass as a result of a new shared parental responsibility situation (e.g. joint custody).
Online applications will need to be made from a PC or Laptop and not a mobile phone or tablet as well as you will need a valid email address to complete the application.
Please note applications will require online verification by the School before being approved by TfNSW.
You will need to re-apply or update your details if the student had a free school travel pass and:
- The student is changing school or campus
- The student has changed address
- The student has repeated a year
- You have received an expiry notification
Applications must be completed by the student’s parent or legal guardian if the student is aged under 16 years. Students 16 years and over can complete the application form themselves. Free school travel passes are subject to eligibility criteria set by TfNSW.
Students who are not eligible for a free school travel pass as determined by TfNSW can:
- purchase a School Term Bus Pass by contacting your local Buslines Depot Office or accessing the Term Pass Application via the relevant Buslines Depot Website.
- purchase child fare tickets when boarding the bus
- request a review from Transport for NSW. You can request a review online via the Transport for NSW SSTS Website.