Auto Electrician – Lismore Based
Buslines Group is the largest rural and regional bus operator in NSW operating thirteen depots throughout the state with a fleet of over 380 buses.
Northern Rivers Buslines operates a modern fleet of 105 buses in Lismore, Casino and surrounding areas.
A position has arisen for a Auto Electrician to work in the modern and well-equipped maintenance facility in East Lismore.
About the role:
Buslines Group wants your skills to help maintain and sustain our fleet of buses to ensure that they run smoothly and safely on our roads.
Become a part of our maintenance team and work with a range of equipment to develop your skills and competencies in auto electrical repairs and vehicle maintenance. Share your knowledge and experience with our team and assist with on-the-job training to expand and support efficient maintenance operations at Buslines Group.
Our Automotive Electricians responsible for ensuring that our buses comply with all regulatory standards, through providing appropriate services to repair and preserve these heavy vehicles. We strive for a team of enthusiastic and motivated employees, dedicated to safety and quality.
What we need from you (Role Requirements):
- MR or HR drivers license (Don’t have one? We will help you upgrade your C Class license)
- Motor Vehicle Tradespersons Certificate, Automotive Electrician
- Minimum two years of experience as a qualified Auto Electrician
- Prior experience with Fleet Maintenance Management Systems is desirable
- Prior experience in mechanical, hydraulics/pneumatics
- Experience with heavy vehicles is desirable but not required
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check, criminal history check and working with children check.
- Acquire and expand skills in equipment operation and technical procedures related to vehicle systems and maintenance
- Attractive remuneration and benefits
- Join a team of qualified, committed and friendly individuals
- Inclusive workplace and organisation culture
- Great career opportunities within our broad portfolio of subsidiary businesses
Buslines Group is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage all people to apply regardless of background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style. We encourage candidates who require any accessibility support or any reasonable adjustments during the application process or on the job to let our recruitment team know so reasonable adjustments can be accommodated
Bus Driver – Northern Rivers Based
Are you looking for some part-time or casual work in the Northern Rivers area?
If you like working with people and have good customer service skills then bus driving may be the job for you.
All you need is an MR Driver Licence or above. You will also require a Bus Driver Authority from Transport for NSW. If you don’t have a Bus Driver Authority we can assist suitable applicants to obtain one.
Before You Apply
Prior to completing this Application, please ensure that you have your ‘Working with Children Check’ number for verification.
“A Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct”. (NSW Government Office of the Childrens Guardian)
To obtain a valid ‘Working with Children Check’ number please ensure that you have:
- completed the online application form through the NSW Government website
- taken the application form with your proof of identity to a Service NSW Centre
- paid the $80.00 fee
When You Apply
You will be assessed against job-related standards
- We will compare your application with these criteria
- If your application is successful, you will be asked to attend an interview
- You will be asked to demonstrate, by a driving assessment, that you meet the Company standards
- At the interview you will need your Australian birth certificate or passport or Australian Citizenship Certificate or a valid visa with permission to work as issued by the Department of Immigration
- You will need your current Driver Licence, current Bus Driver Authority (if you have been issued with one)
- If your application is successful you will be required to undergo a Pre-placement Medical by a Company appointed Doctor
We provide training to enable you to meet our driving standards You will be required to undergo an induction program and additional training through the Company internal On-line training system if your application is successful. Training will be updated (online) from time to time to ensure that standards are maintained.
Your continued employment is reliant on you having a current Bus Driver Authority and Driver Licence at all times and maintaining a Working with Children Clearance Status.
If your Driver Licence and/or your Bus Driver Authority is suspended, cancelled or withdrawn, or your Working With Children Clearance status has been revoked, your employment may be terminated.
- Able to drive a bus safely and effectively
- Good personal presentation and hygiene
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to provide a high quality service to customers
- Able to operate to a timetable
- Comply with the requirements of the Passenger Transport Act and associated Regulations
- Able to work in a diverse environment
- Willing to understand and comply with Management instructions
- Comply with the requirements of the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (WHS) and the WHS Regulations
- Understanding of Heavy Vehicle Fatigue Laws
- Valid MR (minimum) Driver Licence (LR Driver Licence under limited circumstances)
- Have an understanding of Work, Health & Safety Laws
- Have Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship, permanent resident status or visa documents to work in Australia
- ‘Working with Children Check’ clearance status
- Have good personal presentation
- Experience in bus industry and heavy vehicle operation is desirable but not essential
- Valid NSW Bus Driver Authority is desirable not essential
- Customer service skills