Mechanic – Bathurst Based
$3000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS – APPLY BELOW TO JOIN OUR WORKSHOP TEAM
Buslines Group is the largest rural and regional bus operator in NSW operating twelve depots throughout the state with a fleet of over 380 buses.
Bathurst Buslines operates a modern fleet of 29 buses in Bathurst and surrounding areas.
A position has arisen for a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic to work in the modern and well-equipped maintenance facility in Bathurst.
Reporting to the Workshop Foreman, this role requires you to have a mature and professional approach with excellent communication skills. Your main duties will include:
- Diagnosing, inspecting, reconditioning, repairing, assembling the fleet and ensuring safety, quality and Buslines standards are followed at all times
- Maintaining all company vehicles and assets in accordance with Manufacturer’s guidelines
- Ensuring all maintenance work is performed according to company procedures
- Attend breakdowns and carry out any field related mechanical repairs
- Effectively and efficiently communicate any safety or maintenance issues
- Adhering to all Work, Health & Safety requirements whilst performing work duties
- Maintaining clean workshop practices
The successful applicant will have
- Relevant trade qualifications essential (MVTC)
- Experience in the service and maintenance of vehicles, we would be happy to provide training to assist you in developing these skills
- Ensure adherence to safety standards and company policies
- Sound level of verbal and written communication
- Experience in working in a team environment on daily maintenance and repair schedules
- Be proactive with a drive to finding better ways to continuously improve and be adaptable in a dynamic and growing team
- We are looking for real, not perfect individuals that are passionate and invested in achieving outcomes
- Hold a MR or HR driver’s licence (preferred)
As a Buslines employee you will:
- Be offered a competitive hourly rate
- Have the opportunity to work on a range of vehicles such as Euro 5 & 6 technologies
- Work in a close-knit and team orientated environment that celebrates together with quarterly BBQ’s
- Be given the opportunity to grow, develop and take on additional responsibilities during your employment.
- Provide with the opportunity to work overtime hours on a weekly basis (paid at penalty rates)
- All work uniform and any/all necessary PPE will be provided
Sign-on Bonus Terms & Conditions:
If successful in your application with Buslines and once employed you will be paid the employment bonus in segments over the course of the first 2 years of your employment. The amount will be $500 to be paid at the 6 month and 12 month, with $2,000 paid at the 24 month period, stages totalling your $3,000 bonus. This bonus is paid in addition to hours worked as it is a part of our employment incentives. T&C’s apply.
Bus Driver – Bathurst Based
Are you looking for some part time or casual work in the Bathurst area?
If you like working with people and have good customer service skills then bus driving may be the job for you.
All you need is an MR Driver Licence or above. You will also require a Bus Driver Authority from Transport for NSW. If you don’t have a Bus Driver Authority we can assist suitable applicants to obtain one.
Before You Apply
Prior to completing this Application, please ensure that you have your ‘Working with Children Check’ number for verification.
“A Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct”. (NSW Government Office of the Childrens Guardian)
To obtain a valid ‘Working with Children Check’ number please ensure that you have:
- completed the online application form through the NSW Government website
- taken the application form with your proof of identity to a Service NSW Centre
- paid the $80.00 fee
When You Apply
You will be assessed against job-related standards
- We will compare your application with these criteria
- If your application is successful, you will be asked to attend an interview
- You will be asked to demonstrate, by a driving assessment, that you meet the Company standards
- At the interview you will need your Australian birth certificate or passport or Australian Citizenship Certificate or a valid visa with permission to work as issued by the Department of Immigration
- You will need your current Driver Licence, current Bus Driver Authority (if you have been issued with one)
- If your application is successful you will be required to undergo a Pre-placement Medical by a Company appointed Doctor
We provide training to enable you to meet our driving standards You will be required to undergo an induction program and additional training through the Company internal On-line training system if your application is successful. Training will be updated (online) from time to time to ensure that standards are maintained.
Your continued employment is reliant on you having a current Bus Driver Authority and Driver Licence at all times and maintaining a Working with Children Clearance Status.
If your Driver Licence and/or your Bus Driver Authority is suspended, cancelled or withdrawn, or your Working With Children Clearance status has been revoked, your employment may be terminated.
- Able to drive a bus safely and effectively
- Good personal presentation and hygiene
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to provide a high quality service to customers
- Able to operate to a timetable
- Comply with the requirements of the Passenger Transport Act and associated Regulations
- Able to work in a diverse environment
- Willing to understand and comply with Management instructions
- Comply with the requirements of the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (WHS) and the WHS Regulations
- Understanding of Heavy Vehicle Fatigue Laws
- Valid MR (minimum) Driver Licence (LR Driver Licence under limited circumstances)
- Have an understanding of Work, Health & Safety Laws
- Have Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship, permanent resident status or visa documents to work in Australia
- ‘Working with Children Check’ clearance status
- Have good personal presentation
- Experience in bus industry and heavy vehicle operation is desirable but not essential
- Valid NSW Bus Driver Authority is desirable not essential
- Customer service skills