$3000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS – APPLY BELOW TO JOIN OUR WORKSHOP TEAM
Buslines Group is the largest rural and regional bus operator in NSW operating twelve depots throughout the state with a fleet of over 380 buses.
Bathurst Buslines operates a modern fleet of 29 buses in Bathurst and surrounding areas.
A position has arisen for a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic to work in the modern and well-equipped maintenance facility in Bathurst.
Reporting to the Workshop Foreman, this role requires you to have a mature and professional approach with excellent communication skills. Your main duties will include:
- Diagnosing, inspecting, reconditioning, repairing, assembling the fleet and ensuring safety, quality and Buslines standards are followed at all times
- Maintaining all company vehicles and assets in accordance with Manufacturer’s guidelines
- Ensuring all maintenance work is performed according to company procedures
- Attend breakdowns and carry out any field related mechanical repairs
- Effectively and efficiently communicate any safety or maintenance issues
- Adhering to all Work, Health & Safety requirements whilst performing work duties
- Maintaining clean workshop practices
The successful applicant will have
- Relevant trade qualifications essential (MVTC)
- Experience in the service and maintenance of vehicles, we would be happy to provide training to assist you in developing these skills
- Ensure adherence to safety standards and company policies
- Sound level of verbal and written communication
- Experience in working in a team environment on daily maintenance and repair schedules
- Be proactive with a drive to finding better ways to continuously improve and be adaptable in a dynamic and growing team
- We are looking for real, not perfect individuals that are passionate and invested in achieving outcomes
- Hold a MR or HR driver’s licence (preferred)
As a Buslines employee you will:
- Be offered a competitive hourly rate
- Have the opportunity to work on a range of vehicles such as Euro 5 & 6 technologies
- Work in a close-knit and team orientated environment that celebrates together with quarterly BBQ’s
- Be given the opportunity to grow, develop and take on additional responsibilities during your employment.
- Provide with the opportunity to work overtime hours on a weekly basis (paid at penalty rates)
- All work uniform and any/all necessary PPE will be provided
Sign-on Bonus Terms & Conditions:
If successful in your application with Buslines and once employed you will be paid the employment bonus in segments over the course of the first 2 years of your employment. The amount will be $500 to be paid at the 6 month and 12 month, with $2,000 paid at the 24 month period, stages totalling your $3,000 bonus. This bonus is paid in addition to hours worked as it is a part of our employment incentives. T&C’s apply.